Thursday 8 July 2010

Sunshine and Rainbows at Waterloo


By Ollie Lee

When I was little, the answer to the question “what do you want to be when you grow up?” was always the same, “A bird!” Yes, perhaps I was a little confused by the more limited life choices ahead, but I knew one thing, I never wanted to work in an office. Well here I am, in an office, and I love it?

While we do complain about the size of the windowless rooms the old EuroStar offers, we don’t have it too bad. Working on a new production, in a new venue, in my opinion, is one of the most exciting things a person could ever do, there is a huge team working here, and most of the time* they are all smiling as if on some crazy antidepressant.

With first show nerves out the way, and wonderful feedback from audiences after every performance there is certainly a spring in trcwaterloo’s step. My only words of advice for the crew are borrowed from a hero of mine, the one and only Miss Doris Day, “Let’s keep smilin’, let’s keep laughin’, let’s be happy, ho ho ho ha”
Just a few shows down and The Railway Children Waterloo is definitely picking up steam, (ba dum bum) bring on Press Night!

*Everyone has put the hearts into their work here, so are forgiven when they are looking a little stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment